Life has been a crazy, hectic, mess of wonderfulness lately. What’s been happening?
Last time I posted I was on the fence about starting Weight Watchers again. Well, I did. I lost 19.7 pounds in the first 3 weeks. Yeah…but while that’s awesome. I’m not getting too terribly excited because 1. it was much of what I’d gained back and 2. I know I can’t keep that amount of weight loss up for the long haul. So YAY for losing but keep the expectations lower on how much I’ll lose consistently. I’m also aware that it may fluctuate a lot over the next few weeks because I’m moving soon and it’s a little stressful.
I went on vacation with the fella and his family. We went to Orlando for 5 days and enjoyed pool time with sunshine and warm temps, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, a gangster inspired dinner theater, La Nouba (a Cirque Du Soleil show), laughter, and a lot of delicious vacation food. Fish and chips, amazing steak, fish. And….I was introduced to jaffa tarts.
Seriously, these things are delicious. Orange flavored cake/cream covered in chocolate. I loved them so much that when I saw them on the menu at the Irish pub the next night, I had them again. Kinda ridiculous but I don’t care. They were amazing.
And now we’re back and in the thick of packing so we can move in 2 weeks. Well, less than 2 weeks. I’m slowly freaking out and then K is calming down the crazy until I freak out again. I have so much stuff. It’s major purge time. I’m getting rid of So. Much. Stuff. I’m definitely one of those people who gets anxious about moving/traveling and while I love it, I get really antsy and uncomfortable right before it happens and I just want it over. I don’t mind flying or the airport process per se, but the night before I fly, I’m just thinking, “Ok, I’d like to be on the other side of this now and skip the flying.” I’m not afraid of it, I just get anxious about the process I guess. I’m the same way with moving. But because moving is much larger than flying across country, I’m at the stage 2 weeks prior of just wanting to be moved in and beginning to unpack.
On top of all of these “big” events there’s a lot on the social calendar. K had a birthday this month, a close friend of our’s had a birthday this month that we’re eager to celebrate, we’ve had family events, and we’re expecting my family to come visit shortly after we move. Like I said, it’s been a crazy, hectic, mess of wonderfulness lately.
I don’t know about y’all but I’m extra glad that it’s Friday. This week has just been long. I’m taking my PMP exam next Wednesday so I’ve been studying extra hard this week. I’m just ready for it to be over now. I’m taking off Tuesday to study a bit and just relax my brain then Wednesday morning I’ll probably be a nervous wreck until noon when it’s time to take the exam. So today I’m telling you that Friday is fabulous because:
1. I started the day with an extra powerful “push/pull” series in my training session right after a seriously heart pumping Spin class.
2. The fella and I are headed to Amish country tomorrow for the day. I can’t wait to get away and and enjoy some special time with my favorite person! (He’s also pretty damn fabulous himself.)
3. This Friday is fabulous because in 2 weeks at this time we will be hanging with my family for 4 days in North Carolina. Cannot. Wait. Family time is a need right now.
4. It’s finally warmed up a smidge around these parts. This week has been bitter cold and it’s finally just a teeny bit warmer.
5. I’m looking forward to SO many fun things coming up in the next 6 weeks that every day feels fabulous because it gets me closer to something fun!
Since I posted last week a lot has been happening so I’m doing a bulleted/picture update. First the pictures and then the bullets to explain and some extras (without pics).
- I got beautiful roses from my special guy.
- October night skies are one of the most gorgeous things nature can show us.
- I burned a lot of calories for my last workout last week. I had training followed by Spin. It does a body good.
- I made delicious healthy pizzas for 2. Flat out bread, pasta sauce, cheese, sliced chicken sausages. Bake. Eat ’em up!
- Deciding to leave work early on Wednesday and start my vacation was the best idea ever. I treated myself to a mani/pedi. I do pedicures often but I never get manicures. I use my hands too much and I just don’t see the point in spending the money. But I had a special event for the weekend so I figured, why not? That’s OPI’s Lincoln Park After Dark. It’s also still holding up really well!
- Beautiful wedding for my dear friend! It rained “liquid sunshine” but it stopped just in time for the actual ceremony and it was perfect in every way.
- My calves are finally not sore this morning after a night full of dancing on Friday. Shennanigans ensued the more the liquor flowed.
- Having white wine and Doritos when one is intoxicated is rather delicious (and classy).
- We found a great little lunch spot that was actually a dairy farm. We stopped there on Thursday and had ice cream. The very small was anything but. I had chocolate red velvet ice cream. I know!! On Saturday as we were leaving the area, we stopped back for lunch. I got a bowl of fresh fruit, cornbread, a sampling of cheeses, a bowl of soup (half cream of crab, half Maryland crab), and a “very small” ice cream that was half peanut butter and half cookies ‘n’ cream. All of that for less than $9. Steal!
And not pictured.
- Amish country on Saturday with the fella was a perfect cap to the weekend. Beautiful scenery, delicious snacks, excitement over seeing Amish buggies and a 2-buggy garage. Seriously, the scenery driving up there was gorgeous but my camera just wasn’t doing it justice. We definitely have plans to go back to certain spots after getting such a great preview.
- I signed up for a half marathon yesterday. It’s not until May so I have plenty of training time and I should be able to train in less harsh weather months. (I’m still processing my craziness.)
Well, I feel like I’ve neglected my blog and I kind of have. I’ve just been a little busy. This week I’m blogging from NC. I had a work trip in VA and it was only 2 hours from my aunt and uncle’s house. I was coming down here for the weekend anyway to meet up with my family so I got it cleared to work from here for a few days before I take my long weekend vacation. Today’s the last day of work and then I can sleep in and sit by the pool for 3 days. Hard life.
I will say though, this is hard on my activity levels. Working from here, I don’t move around during the day as much and I haven’t worked out since Sunday. But maybe this afternoon once I’ve spent some time with my feet in the pool a little while, I can take a walk before dinner instead of gorging myself on cheese and crackers and veggies and dip. I have a good little snack to share with y’all on that front soon, too.
I’ve got a list of things I want to discuss/blog about so I’m hoping next week as life calms down (not really because I’ve got Bootie Camp and a baby shower to bake for), I can spend some more time properly preparing for good posts again. I do have a trail mix recipe I want to share, but you’ll have to come back on Monday for that one. 🙂
I hope you’re all having a fantastic week!
Yesterday I drove to NC where I’ll be spending an entire week with my family! Words can’t express how excited I am about this. I also can’t tell you how long it’s been since I’ve spent an entire week with my family.
On my drive down I drive through the Smokey Mountains. It’s truly a beautiful drive. The last time I drove it on the way to see my brother, the leaves were changing and it was a gorgeous sunny day. The mountains looked beautiful. Yesterday it was cloudy but it was still beautiful.
You might even be able to tell why they have the name they do.
Take time to enjoy the beautiful things today.
I’ve been in Chicago since Wednesday night. I got back in town just before lunch today and I have to say, I’m glad. I was so confused as to what day it was and what time of day it was the entire time I was gone. My schedule was completely thrown off, even for a work trip. I was conducting focus groups at 7:30am on Friday morning, which was a first for me. I’ve never conducted a group that early but it worked, even though I was exhausted last night.
In between groups yesterday I was looking out the window at the gorgeous Chicago buildings and saw what looked to be a large Marilyn Monroe statue down below. I talked to our knowledgeable AV guy and sure enough, that’s what I saw. So when we were done for the day I wandered down to get a closer look.
This statue of Marilyn Monroe in her iconic pose from Seven Year Itch was 26 feet tall. Yeah. It was a little overwhelming. And yes, Marilyn had her toes painted and she was wearing underwear. One guy was having his picture taken with her and yelled to his group, “I don’t want any underwear in my picture!” I cracked up.
After that sight I decided to stroll down Michigan Ave. and window shop and enjoy the not so cold afternoon. Even though I’m not ready to decorate my house for Christmas, I’d be lying if I didn’t admit that seeing the window displays and beginnings of Christmas decorations coming out didn’t get me in the holiday spirit. Y’all, I’m ready to go on Thanksgiving vacation to see my family and I’m ready to start Christmas shopping and doing other holiday themed things. Anyone else getting there, too?
While Chicago was beautiful on Friday, there was some snow on Thursday. Just a little.
It’s hard to see, but trust me, it was coming down for real.
Off to watch my Clemson Tigers!
Yesterday we got to Blacksburg, VA around 2:30…about halfway through tailgating festivities. We started eating delicious tailgating food (southwest eggrolls and burritos) and drinking a lot of seasonal beers. After a while it was time to layer up and head over to the stadium. October 1 brought a cold dreary day to these parts. At one point during the tailgating, we saw small snowflakes! Seriously?! With a 6pm kick-off we knew it was going to be a cold night.
I had on a sweater, a hooded sweater, a rain jacket, a sweatshirt hoodie, and jeans. I was cold! I forgot how cold October football games can get. But you know what? It doesn’t matter because my Tigers won! Clemson has had a tough few years and they haven’t been the greatest team but they’ve done well this year and last night they looked great and I was proud to be a Clemson Tigers fan.
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!
After waking up this morning, we left our hotel and headed back home. We stopped at Cracker Barrel for breakfast, which never disappoints me. We got home just before Sunday football kicked off. I made a grocery list then promptly sat down on my new couch and tried it out for napping. After a quick-ish nap, I went out to get groceries for the week. I’m planning on chili and pumpkin pasta bake. It’s getting cold, so I’m making cold weather food!
What are you doing with your Sunday?