I made this recipe ahead of time. While I tasted it when it was done, it’s better after it sits for a while…as are most pasta dishes.
Skillet Spinach Lasagna
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cans Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 c tomato sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 c skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c part skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 7 whole wheat lasagna noodles, broken into thirds & fully cooked
- 1 bag fresh baby spinach
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until garlic is fragrant, about one minute. Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, spinach salt and pepper. Cook mixture until it thickens up a bit, around 5 minutes. You might want to cover the mixture so the spinach wilts down quicker.
- Add noodles to skillet and stir into the mixture well. Add scoops of ricotta cheese over the noodles; add in mozzarella and Parmesan. Cook about 2 more minutes, or until mixture is thick.
Yields: 5 servings